Roasted Whole Chicken
February 25, 2023 • 0 comments
Looking for a delicious and impressive centerpiece for your next family dinner? Look no further than this mouth-watering whole oven-roasted chicken recipe! With a crispy golden skin and juicy, tender meat that practically falls off the bone, this chicken is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. And the best part? It's surprisingly easy to prepare, with just a few simple ingredients. So fire up your oven and get ready to roast the perfect chicken!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- (1) Whole Chicken - Regular (3 - 4 lbs)
- (1 tsp) Olive Oil / Butter
- (Pinch) Salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse a completely thawed chicken in the sink and pat dry with paper towels. Don't skip the drying step as it is key to that crispy skin. Tip - Note the weight of your chicken before discarding the packaging.
- Place the chicken in a cast iron skillet and coat it with Olive Oil or melted butter. Add your choice of seasonings. We enjoy salt, garlic, and sometimes a little paprika.
- Optional - For a complete meal, add a few veggies around the sides of the chicken. They will soak up some of those extra juices from the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the center rack and turn the temperature down to 375°F. The higher initial temperature helps to crisp the skin. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes per lb. For example, a 3.5 lbs chicken will need 70 minutes to cook. If you have a cooking thermometer you can check the internal temperature. White meat should be cooked to 165°F, while dark meat should be 175°F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Watch the video on our blog post if you need help carving a whole chicken.